27 Sep 2023
Manager Audit, 5 to 10 years in Chennai
US GAAP, Auditing, bank audit, Bcom, gaap
Position: Manager Audit
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Summary: Perform in-charge responsibilities as assigned on small to mid-size engagements and helps with any other duties necessary to complete an engagement. Audit experience in EBP, private equity, hedge funds & venture capital for the U.S region is mandatory. Indian Audit candidates with 5 + Years experience also can apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Begin to develop a thorough understanding of GAAP, other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations.
- Experience in handling EBP audits (employee benefit plan)
- Experience in audits in the financial services space - private equity, hedge funds & venture capital
- Obtain an understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Begin to execute the audit plan in more complex financial statement areas.
- Research accounting treatment for issues on audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with experienced staff as necessary.
- Perform engagement planning activities related to assigned engagements and assist in designing a risk based audit approach.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within a given timeframe and budget.
- Exhibit initiative and sense of responsibility in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion.
- Develop and assist in the training of Associates; create an environment that fosters learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, perform, and deliver work independently with moderate supervision on engagements.
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to supervise multiple staff members on multiple concurrent engagements.
- Monitor and supervise progress of Associates, where applicable, and provide performance feedback as needed.
- Assist in the review of work papers prepared by Associates.
- Learn and practice effective delegation and utilization of staff.
- Understanding of the elements of financial statements and the inter-relationship between statements; Draft basic financial statements and related note disclosures.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in executing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
- Masters degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- More than basic understanding of GAAP and GAAS standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA candidate required, CPA preferred.
- 2 - 3 + years or more experience in public accounting, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry experience, or its equivalent.
- Experience supervising multiple individual
- Greater than basic understanding of financial reporting, transaction cycles, and business processes.
- Possess sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Experience with a variety of industries and types of audits (SEC, government, non- profit, etc.) preferred.
3-10 years of experience in Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Mutual Fund or Fund of Fund Audit.
Any country/region auditing experience should be comfortable but willing to learn US GAAP.
Hiring Associates to Manager level.
27 September 2023