Position: Legal Head
Experience: 15 to 20 years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- National Manager Legal, handling litigation for the NBFC throughout India.
- Involved in advising the Collection and Recovery teams spread over multiple locations in India
- Part of the Central Legal Unit (Collection, Logistics and Intelligence Cell)
- Drafting and vetting of Agreements, Deeds, Settlements and consent terms
- Advising the team on the strategy to be adopted for litigation in crucial cases
- Discussions with the legal retainers and evaluation of retainers
- Appointment and Empanelment of advocates
- Sanctioning of legal expense and professional fees of lawyers
- Monitoring of the litigation portfolio and maintaining good rate of recovery
- Crisis management in the event of arrest and adverse media campaigns against the NBFC on legal issues.
- Imparting legal training to the entire Collection / Legal team throughout India, for creating basic
- Liaison with Banking Regulatory Authorities like Office of Banking Ombudsman and Department of Banking Supervision, Reserve Bank of India.
- Identifying and suggesting process changes for effective legal recourse and recovery
- Management of the litigation portfolio (for and against cases) throughout India.
- Providing opinion/inputs to the Credit Underwriting Team / Management on the acceptability of the documents or deficiencies/ risks in the documents
- Providing opinion to the Credit Underwriting Team / Management on the mortgage ability of the
land / property in question and the nature of mortgage to be created to secure the proposed lending.
- Coordinating with various clients for collection of legal documents from them (Title documents, Plan approvals, Government approvals, SRA documents, Joint Development Agreements, Tenant
Settlement Agreements, Lease Agreements, Search Reports etc.) required to be studied to get an
understanding on the legality / sufficiency of approvals for the project (s) under consideration for
- Verification/Scrutiny/Vetting of documents related mainly to Real Estate Projects under
consideration for lending opportunities
- Drafting / Modification of various loan agreements / undertakings to secure various lending
- Providing list of documents required to create valid mortgage /security
- Effecting security / mortgage creation / charge creation and execution of various loan documents Requirements and Qualifications:
- Masters degree in law
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant work experience in a lending environment