31 Jan 2023
Legal Associate, 0 to 2 years in Mumbai
Loans, Fund Management, NBFC, Legal, Asset Management, Investment Management, Debt Market, Investment, SEBI
Position: Legal Associate
Experience: 0 to 2 years
Experience: 0 to 2 years
- Your role will involve undertaking the legalstructuring of transactions, relationships and providing timely advice andlegal handholding for the internal stake holders.
- The team will also be responsible in managing thecorporate legal support activities by delivering legal opinions / advice on thelegal matters across the organizations departments and various organizationaltransactions.
- Drafting ofPPM, Contribution Agreement, Trust Deed, Investment Management Agreement etc.for registering an AIF.
- Negotiatingwith the contributors on legal aspect and draft the contribution agreement andother related documents.
- Drafting and negotiation with the Issuer on thetransaction documents related to investment by the alternative investmentfunds.
- Maintenance of legal agreements with respect toinvestment in AIF and further investment by AIF.
- Drafting and negotiate other legal agreements suchas Distribution Agreement, Engagement Letters etc.
- Legal experience with respect to handling therequirement for receipt of investment in AIF through various jurisdiction suchas USA, Europe, Middle Eastern countries etc.
- Must be proficient in filings required under SEBIAIF Regulations, Companies Act, 2013, FEMA etc. and handling the website ofSEBI Intermediary Portal, RBI, RBI-FIRMS Portal and the Ministry of CorporateAffairs etc.
- Involved in drafting internal policies such as KYCAML Policy, ESG Policy, Insider Trading Policy etc.
- Should keep abreast with the latest regulatory changes/requirements and adhere to such requirements.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Be a qualified lawyer with 0-2 years of experienceworking in a law firm or with a legal department of fund management company andalternative investment fund sector.
- Prior experience under legal team of fundmanagement company and alternative investment funds or working as a part of alaw firm with its asset management/funds practice will be preferred.
- Should be equipped to do research under SEBI AIFRegulations, Companies Act, FEMA, regulations related to investment in AIFthrough various sectors/industry, various jurisdictions and preferablyexperienced in dealing with foreign law firms in relation to the same.
- Should be dynamic and a team-player at the same timeshould be able to handle independently the given tasks.
- Possess good oral, written communication, andinteraction skills.
- Be ambitious and passionate as we are and abilityto work effectively under pressure.
31 January 2023