31 Jan 2023
Legal Associate, 3 to 5 years in Mumbai
legal matters, NCLT, Legal Contract, sarfaesi act, Legal Counsel, Drafting & Vetting
Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Strategically counsel clients and potential clients on legal matters
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate laws (including but not limited to Companies Act, Contract Act, Transfer of Property Act, Stamp Act, Registration Act etc.) SEBI Regulations, NCLT procedures, RDB and SARFAESI Acts, Trustee Business etc.
- Identify legal or contractual issues and develop new approaches to resolve complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS-Office.
- Provide legal advice to senior management regarding various corporate and business matters
- Remain current on federal and state laws, regulations, and practices affecting the company business
- Manage relationships and collaborate with co-counsel
- Drafting/Vetting of finance documents viz. Loan Agreement, Security Trustee Agreement, Share Pledge Agreement, Inter Creditor Agreement, Letter ceding charge etc.
- Drafting/Vetting of security documents viz. Deed of Hypothecation, Indenture of Mortgage, Guarantee etc.
- Examining documents viz. MoA & AoA, Board Resolution, Title Search Report, RoC Search Report etc.
- Ensure safe custody of documents.
- Preparing compliance report and issuance of holding letter.
- Communication with the stakeholders viz. Lenders, Borrowers, Lawyers Valuers, etc.
- Monitoring pendency and ensuring creation of stipulated security, ensuring statutory filings within stipulated time, issue holding confirmation letters, ensuring renewal of insurance, ensuring issuance of revival letter by the obligors etc.
- Provide support when requested, in leading and coordinating specific areas, practices, projects and/or teams
- Represent the Legal and Procurement Department in external meetings, working groups, conferences, seminars, networks and report to management
31 January 2023