09 Jun 2023
General Manager Legal, 10 To 15 Years In Mumbai
Legal, Corporate Law, Litigation, Agreement, Business Law, Non Litigation, legal matters
Experience: 10 to 15 years
- Strategic member of the team supporting the businesses in India. The incumbent is expected to look after company secretarial matters, annual meeting and filing returns with the Registrar of Companies.
- Counsel business teams on range of legal matters including commercial contracts, lease of immovable properties, business law, Competition Law, Legal Metrology, IP, compliance, anti-corruption, FCPA issues, regulatory matters, Drugs and Cosmetics Act compliances, Marketing Laws, interacting with government officials on taxation and customs related issues as well as industry groups and ensuring ongoing compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Handle sophisticated litigations, labor issues, employee issues and advice on disciplinary actions
- Knowledge on Regulatory aspects of manufacturing, licensing and selling of Medical Devices.
- Make sound legal judgment to facilitate business strategy and execution, while also applying effective risk management techniques
- Liaison with local authorities both on Regulatory , statutory and other aspects and provide general legal advice to the business teams, finance, brand protection, corporate investigations.
- Excellent in solid understanding of commercial contracts, including technology sales, distributor/agency agreements, license and services agreement, business law and competition law basics.
- Ability to negotiate, draft, solidify and review agreements in agile environment.
- Balancing priorities and risk with business benefits.
- In-house experience in a Healthcare / chemicals related sales organization, business partnership with internal clients and strategic customers
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in law from a best-in-class Institute in India and an Associate Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries.
- 15+ years of law experience with either law firm or as in-house counsel, at least 10years in-house preferred
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate laws and procedures
- Substantial organizational skills and strong attention to detail with proven track record to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Possess a strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- Possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to work and manage in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Team oriented/ strong interpersonal and communication skills - Must be comfortable working in dynamic and diverse multi-national teams.
- Self-motivated / driven to succeed - High level of initiative and ability to lead and work autonomously. Must strive to consistently go above and beyond and look for opportunities to improve on existing processes or methods.
- Should stay updated on changes in legislations and regulations in the country that may impact business
09 June 2023