13 Jun 2023
Corporate Legal Associate (Non-Litigation), 1 To 2 Years In Mumbai
personal loan, Non Litigation, Consumer Finance, banking and finance, Rcsa, Lending, NBFC, Corporate Legal Affairs, agenda, Drafting, Agreement
Experience: 1 to 2 years
- Legal & Operational Executive (Senior Officer)
- Drafting & Vetting of agreements (NDA, SLA, Leave & License, Settlement Agreement etc)
- Drafting & Vetting of commercial contracts (ECB, ISDA, CSA)
- Documentation & Filing of applications (MCX, IRDA, NSE Commodities ,BSE Commodities
- Understands various lending business models, operations of NBFCs, Lending Service Providers, and upkeeps with latest RBI regulations with respect to lending
- In depth knowledge in Companies Act 2013, Information Technology Act 2000, Indian Contract Act 1872, Indian Evidence Act 1872, Indian Penal Code 1860, Code of Criminal Procedure 1973, Code of Civil Procedure 1908, Limitation Act 1963, Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996, etc.
- Research, track and report on legal developments related to credit cards and personal loans; collaborate with the business lines to ensure compliance.
- Advising on contract status, Advise on the risks and opportunities related to growth initiatives and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Review and comment on business and regulatory team policies and procedures, company training materials, and customer-facing collateral.
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating of Master Service Agreements, RFPs, NDAs ; edit memos and negotiating third-party service provider agreements.
- Always be prepared to pivot for the unexpected development, the fast-moving idea, and the creative solution.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Prevent risk of litigation and review litigation files.
- Negotiations and managing cost with law firm & experts
- Conduct Due Diligence, IP related activities, Filing complaints, Non-Profit & for profit compliance and provide training to the company on legal topics.
- Reply to legal notices in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Reviewing data privacy laws & seeing to it that the company follows GDPR, CCPA and Indian Data Privacy Laws.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies by all team members.
- Minimum 3 years experience in working with private banks, law firms, NBFC, insurance company as a legal officer/associate/executive
- Any Law Degree; LLB + LLM (preferred) or equivalent practical experience. (mandatory)
- Experience with B2C personal/consumer lending, particularly unsecured personal loans.
- Have an excellent grasp of law, pertaining to structured finance, retail finance, capital markets, equity raise, IBC (working knowledge will be an added benefit) etc.
- Drafting of various processes and standardization of templates
- Coordinating with external counsels for advisory and related matters
- Assist in due diligence processes
- Sound knowledge in drafting, vetting of deeds, collection handling, receivables, attachment of property, legal processes etc.
- Be able to understand business requirements and how this would translate to requirements from the legal team
- Have impeccable integrity, ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be highly solution oriented and business focused, always play an enabling role for organization.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
13 June 2023