28 Sep 2023
Audit & Assurance (Company Secretary), 0 to 2 years in Hyderabad
Company Secretary, Compliance
Position: Audit & Assurance (Company Secretary)
Experience: 0 to 2 ears
Experience: 0 to 2 ears
Engagement Service Centers (ESCs), is a shared services group that provides dedicated administrative support to the Audit function. The group serve as hubs of highly skilled, dedicated resources that are available to support engagement teams and perform work in a variety of specific areas. Some of the services provided from ESC includes, Engagement Letter ESC (ELESC), Client Acceptance ESC (CAESC) and Independence Support ESC (ISESC). These activities though non-audit in nature but are essential for completion of audit.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting audit team with reviewing documents & initiating client acceptance procedures and reviewing the services raised by the members firms to ensure that the services are as per the provisions of AICPA, SEC, PCAOB and Deloitte independence policies. Monitoring compliance with regulatory rules and Deloitte independence policies. This also includes ensuring clients do not result in an Independence conflict.
As a part of this team, you will be involved with:
- Developing subject matter expertise on the Firms independence and related regulatory policies, and provide insights to complex compliance issues related to independence policies.
- Working on Deloitte US Independence policies as well as mapping the scope of services provided to our clients to Deloitte Independence policies. Stay current with emerging issues impacting independence regulation and analyze the impact of matters impacting Firm processes, policies, and procedures.
- Assisting in running the necessary checks required in the client acceptance procedures
- Taking ownership for tasks and deliverables, with the ability to understand implications of findings, next steps and deadlines
- Providing regular updates to the US engagement teams about the progress of assigned task.
- Ability to learn and understand the Deloitte guidelines and various templates
- Ensuring the work performed is as per the quality standards of the Firm.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Problem solving and analyzing skills – Able to refer to and interpret appropriate Deloitte guidance.
- Attention to detail - Identify applicable contractual, legal and statutory requirements by reading through engagement letters and verify the permissibility of the services based on Deloitte Independence guidance
- Ability to understand /define scope, timelines, and deliver on time and to closure
- Communication - Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Strong working knowledge of MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Pro-active and results oriented
- Graduation: B.com / BBA
- Professional qualification: MBA in Finance
- Qualified Company Secretary
28 September 2023