01 Feb 2023
Assistant Manager - Legal, 5 to 8 years - Bangalore
Legal Contract, Legal Compliance, Legal Drafting, Legal Issues, LLB, assistant legal manager
Position: Assistant Manager - Legal
Experience: 5 to 8 years
Experience: 5 to 8 years
- You will be responsible for understanding the nuances, interpret, simplify and assist in preparation of a legal contracts and Compliance Database on a global scale including understanding, tracking and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local, code compliance rules, ordinances, regulations
- Proactively tracking regulatory changes across the geographies & building the compliance database and contract repository
- You will demonstrate effective research skills and the ability to prepare research memos using the latest online resources available
- Assist in drafting various agreements, contracts and documents such as NDA, MSA, software licensing agreements, EULA especially related to SaaS/ cloud computing
- You will be advising and assisting Manager, Legal for all the day to day legal activities from contract drafting to research on privacy regulations applicable to Company
- The successful candidate will also, from time to time, provide support in relation to more complex legal arrangements relating to other business affairs of the company.
- Prioritize and manage workload effectively, recognizing frequent quick turn-around requirements.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and take responsibility, while being mentored by experienced Legal and Finance teams.
- Law Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience specifically in drafting, reviewing and negotiating IT/ITES contracts, on an end to end basis, preferably SaaS contracts.
- Currently working with the Privacy team of an organization and handling some aspects of it.
- Additional diploma in latest privacy regulations will be preferred.
- Experience should be gained in a multi-national company or reputed law firm with significant exposure to corporate and commercial work consistent with the responsibilities described above.
- Ability to identify and articulate own areas of improvement in terms of knowledge and personal competency and use other team members or external resources to fill these gaps.
- Experience operating in multiple technology platforms, proficiency with Microsoft
- Applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required, experience in DocuSign
- Reports or similar electronic signature application is a plus.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas.
- Ability to apply legal principles and product knowledge in a commercial transaction
01 February 2023