27 Sep 2023
Analyst - Investments, 2 to 5 years in Chennai
Accounts Analyst, Market Analysis, Due Diligence, Automation Project, MIS, Asset Management, Fund Raising, Risk monitoring, Logistics Control, CRM
Experience: 2 to 5 years
- Education Requirements: CA / MBA in Finance (Tier 1 or Tier 2 colleges only)
- Years of experience: 5-7 years
- Work Experience Requirements: Experience in Real Estate and Infrastructure in PE Investments, Asset Management, and fund raising. Involved in corporate strategy initiatives and work with fund partners on various strategic implementations. Expertise in due diligence (technical, financial, and legal), negotiations, and valuations
- Land Experience Requirements: Understanding of land matters and laws incl. ownership, title checks, encumbrances, land use restrictions, and prior experience in building financial models relevant for a land / warehousing / logistics investment fund to support making informed investment decisions, assist in managing risks, and help ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Assisting the Principal in preparing the investment strategy for deployment of funds in respective region involving setting investment goals, defining the target markets and asset classes, and establishing risk and return parameters.
- Build robust financial models and valuation analysis including DCF, trading comparables analyses, precedent transactions, LBO analyses, merger models, and transaction impact analyses, and provide insightful market analysis.
- Analyzing key metrics on the returns of the fund (expected IRR, ROI, equity multiple, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Identifying channel partners / IPCs for the target region and informing them on specific land requirements.
- Monitoring the status of the land lead regularly.
- Building a strong network of brokers to source market land deals in the region.
- Supporting in maintaining adequate and robust flow of pipeline on a quarterly basis.
- Closely coordinating with the State Land and CA team to collate information on land parcels and feed as inputs to the investment framework.
- Conducting analyses on land deals using the investment framework.
- Conducting site visits, discussing land deal contours and issues with landowners.
- Assisting the Principal in resolving those issues through collaboration with the State Land and CA Team.
- Assisting the Principal in the timely and robust preparation of Head of Terms and Term Sheet documents for pre-IC approval (incl. budget sign off for due diligence)
- Assisting in drafting of essential documents like Head of Terms, Term Sheets, etc.
- Assisting the Principal in ensuring a complete and objective Final IC Deck and Due Diligence Report.
- Updating the deal closure checklist before signing of the final agreement for final IC approval.
- Executing a complete and clear Definitive Agreement.
- Supporting the regional Principal in ensuring timely transfer of funds by collaborating with Finance, Fund Management, and Projects teams.
- Collaborating with the State Land and CA team on corporate affairs on a regular basis.
- Supporting the steady handover to the Asset Management team
- Assisting in the Investment function s shift to digitization to use advanced tools / dashboards, and automation.
- Preparing MC presentations on the progress of the fund.
- Ensuring entry of all investment related records on ZOHO.
- Updating the MIS and PMO dashboard on a regular basis for timely tracking of deal activity timelines.
- Ensuring compliance and sanctity of information throughout deal funnel process.
- Total deals sourced and uploaded on portal
- Ratio of # deals identified to # term-sheets signed
- Ratio of # deals taken to term-sheet stage to # deals closed
- TAT for deal qualification using investment framework (deal identification to term-sheet)
- TAT for conducting due diligence
- TAT from post due diligence to deal closure
27 September 2023