29 Jun 2023
Trade Finance Lawyer, 5 to 10 years in Chennai
supply chain finance, Factory Accounts, trade finance, Draft Letters, Legal Drafting, Legal Research, Legal Documentation, FEMA, LLB, Bank Guarantee, RBI
Experience: 5 to 10 years
- Legal Advisory: Provide comprehensive legal advice and guidance to clients on various trade finance transactions, including letters of credit, guarantees, and other trade-related instruments.
- Documentation: Draft, review, and negotiate legal agreements, contracts, and other relevant documentation about trade finance transactions, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Compliance: Stay updated on relevant laws, regulations, and international trade finance practices, and advise clients on compliance requirements. Assist in developing and implementing internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Risk Assessment: Identify and assess legal risks associated with trade finance transactions and provide risk mitigation strategies to clients. Conduct due diligence reviews on counterparties, ensuring their compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Dispute Resolution: Handle trade finance disputes and assist in negotiations, mediation, and arbitration proceedings. Represent clients before relevant judicial and regulatory authorities, as required.
- Client Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their business objectives and providing tailored legal solutions. Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, such as business teams and compliance officers, to address client needs effectively.
- Legal Research: Conduct in-depth legal research and analysis on trade finance laws, regulations, and precedents to ensure accurate and up-to-date advice to clients.
- Training and Education: Conduct training sessions and workshops for internal teams on trade finance legal matters, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of legal requirements and best practices.
- Bachelor\'s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university. A Master\'s degree in Law (LLM) specializing in trade finance or international trade law is desirable.
- Admitted to the Bar Council of India and licensed to practice law in India.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Trade Finance Lawyer, preferably in a reputable law firm or financial institution.
- In-depth knowledge of trade finance instruments, including letters of credit, bank guarantees, factoring, and supply chain financing.
- Familiarity with relevant Indian laws and regulations governing trade finance, such as the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), Banking Regulation Act, and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines.
- Strong understanding of international trade finance practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks effectively under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in legal research, drafting legal documents, and preparing comprehensive legal opinions.
29 June 2023