21 Jun 2023
Section Head - Legal, 3 To 7 Years In Mumbai
Legal, Drafting, Management Information System, Litigation, Bank Documentation, Vetting Contracts
Experience: 3 to 7 years
- Identify the services for appointing external consultant.
- Prepare the scope of external consultant.
- Identify external consultant from reputed agency.
- Discuss the scope and do the first level of commercial negotiations and understand the business for providing the contract.
- Identify the need for documentation from external consultants.
- Briefing of case merits for preparing necessary documentation from external consultant, if required.
- Receive documents prepared by external consultants and review the documents.
- Review the comments received from the departmental concerned and suggest modifications, if necessary
- Experts/Solicitors/Lawyers payment processing and record of bills
- Verify bill details like Suit/Writ Petition/Appeal number, presiding judge/officer names, hearing dates, parties mentioned, appearance made by Advocate/Councils on dates of hearing etc.
- Draft the legal opinion and send to external consultant for their vetting, review and make changes (if necessary) in the legal opinion and send the approved draft to concern department.
- Receive request for preparation of MOU/POA/ Tender Documents/ Agreements and approval from department concerned along with the fact sheet (client, country, scope & any other special conditions) of the proposals
- Verify the type of MOU/POA/ Tender Documents/ Agreements to be prepared: Consultant/Agents/Vendors/Client/Subcontractor
- Prepare the requisite MOU/POA/Agreements or review the agreement and suggest changes, if any
- Notify critical clauses in MOU/POA/ Agreements to Head Legal and concerned department head
- Study tender for Legal implications and show the report to the concerned person.
- Prepare and submit Exception and Deviation (E&D) sheet to Sales and Marketing at tendering stage.
- Prepare all the requisite Agreements and or review the agreements and suggest changes, if any required
- Ensure for maintaining records of all pending cases agreements with respect to date of agreement, renewal date etc, and notify critical clauses to director
- Study and preparation of notices and query If any and in coordination with concern department for suitable reply
- Review agreements in consultation with replies and records departments and release the agreement/Documents in consultation with Director Risk and Compliance /Division Head Accounts/CEO, with the prior consent of HOD legal
- Maintaining records of default letters or notices for non-litigation and litigation phase.
- Responsible for Legal matter/ Notice/ Legal MIS receiving or sending by OIA.
- Responsible for filing Complaint/Application/Petition in the court.
- On receipt of complaint from Court, inform Management, HOD and appropriate department for their inputs and discuss the matter with management.
- Review written statements, affidavits, replies to be filed with inputs from the advocate with the prior consent of HOD legal
- Regularly follow up and attend all the hearings before the court/committee till order is passed
- Maintain a court diary and track of various matters like
- Conferences held
- Replies filed
- Written statement submitted
- Attending court hearings
- Appearing before various
- Authorities with Advocates on Record or with external Lawyers
- Provide an update to the Director and HOD
- Get the final order and hand over a copy to appropriate departments in OIA &/or its Group companies for further action if necessary
21 June 2023