04 Oct 2022
MANAGER – LEGAL
Liasoning, Legal Documentation, Litigation, Joint Ventures, Contract Negotiations, Legal Issues, Legal Compliances
Experience: 6 to 11 years
Location: Kozhikode, Kerala
- In conjunction with the Head Legal, Compliance & Corporate Affairs, define MGDs approach to managing legal issues and the litigation strategy, in line with the ethics and values held by the organization, so that adequate legal support is provided in a timely manner to the Group
- Monitor the adherence to the standards of legal compliance and processes as set by the Head Legal, Compliance & Corporate Affairs.
- Develop policies and procedures (along with Head Legal, Compliance & Corporate Affairs) to govern how legal services would be dispensed to the business.
- Identify and leverage legal experts for litigation matters and build up a strong network of external partners so that the Group is well-represented in Court.
- During disputes, assess the Groups legal position and design the action plan to provide legal support to arrive at a desirable resolution.
- Manage the rendering of legal services with respect to real estate transactions so that vital legal decisions are discussed with the top management and the outcome informed to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of a strong record-keeping system so that documents are stored meticulously and can be dispensed to the relevant departments in a timely manner.
- Participate in interactions with relevant local and state governmental bodies and legislatures to discuss matters on regulations and compliance.
- Serve as a strategic legal advisor to the business and senior stakeholders to advise on the legal implications of decisions.
- Identify and leverage legal experts in order to bring up a speedy resolution for specific legal issues.
- Spearhead the development of policies and procedures that govern how legal services would be dispensed to the business.
- Communicate job expectations to the team; plan, monitor, appraise and review job contributions in a regular manner.
- Confer with team members to discuss issues, coordinate activities or resolve problems to facilitate execution excellence.
- Monitor team performance on a continuous basis to identify and develop high performers so as to motivate them, and coach low performers.
- Contribute towards development of talent for the department by providing direct reports with adequate exposure and growth opportunities.
04 October 2022