Position: Legal Manager
Qualification: LLB in Law
Experience: 15 to 18
Roles and Responsibilities
- Senior leader in the company who manages the company\'s Legal matters and leads a team effectively w.r.t. all litigations cases as a complainant or defendant. Initiate & conduct legal investigation / research, briefing solicitors, safeguard the company\'s interest and mitigate damages / liabilities which may arise due to legal cases / litigations
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibility will include managing legal Litigation:
1. Manage and advice on all litigation matters
2. Tracking of cases in court, RERA etc with Law firms
3. Track legal fees and manage budgets.
4. Prepare documents for submission to court, i.e. applications, affidavits, written submissions, etc.
5. Ensure companywide MahaRERA compliance and complete statutory filings hereof.
6. Liaise with law firms, external counsel on preparation of court documents and hearings.
7. Drafting Agreements, Deeds, Power of Attorney, Indemnity Bonds, Plaints, Petitions, joint development agreements, agreement to sell, sale deeds, lease deeds and all kinds of Notices and other Legal Documents.
8. To initiate Arbitration proceedings in all matters recommended.
9. Review the Company\'s litigation matters and advice Management on options available. Investigate, research, analyze the legal matters and appointment of appropriate Solicitors based on their past performances. Liaising with Solicitors for initiating and follow-ups on legal procedures, handling civil, criminal & arbitration cases
10. Review and draft responses to Legal notices received in coordination with Solicitors / Attorney to ensure that responses are filed within stipulated time frame as decided by the Court of Law. Update Management on the progress / updates for decision making and escalate urgent matters which require Board resolutions / approvals
11. Meet concerned litigation parties / attorney to negotiate & settle matters amicably hence mitigating loss of time and revenue. Update Management of the proceedings and obtain approvals on proposed solutions for amicable resolution of the matter. Follow up for withdrawal of cases / suits and ensure complainant has been provided with solutions as committed and document the same
12. Coordinate with other departments for their legal requirements and obtain understanding of legal issues / arbitration matters. Draft and file complaints / lawsuits on behalf of the company in the Court of Law through Solicitors
13. Liaise with the government authorities and other statutory bodies in order to comply with rules and regulations for smooth execution of the projects. Excellent rapport with revenue and other Govt. officials in the State. To represent the company at meetings with external bodies to ensure that the legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered.
14. Carry out various due diligences of company\'s land banks and other joint ventures etc to ensure that all legal & statutory requirements are in order. Obtain and maintain a database required documents for ready references. Brief Management in case of any lapse and recommend / initiate corrective actions to avoid legal hassles
15. Negotiate with Solicitors Firms for commercials & terms of appointment. Ensure effective cost control through hard negotiations. Monitor and manage the departmental budgets to ensure that cost is with the approved budget and the negotiated commercials are beneficial to the organizational interest