07 Jun 2023
Legal Counsel, 5 top 10 years in Mumbai
Litigation, Real Estate Laws, Corporate Law, LLB, contract act
Experience: 5 to 10 years
- Drafting, Reviewing, Vetting & Rendering advice and directing on legal issues involving contracts, including documentations in terms of Sale Deeds, MOU, Joint Venture Agreements, NDAs, Lease and Licensing arrangements.
- Drafting & Vetting of Suits, Petitions, Appeals, Affidavits, Notices, reply to Notices etc.
- Briefing & Managing Non Litigation & Litigations Cases. Communications, notice preparation with Senior Advocates & taking feedbacks regarding the ongoing cases and briefing the Management regarding the same.
- Reviewing and preparing general correspondence, trust letters, mortgages, and statement of adjustment.
- Handling various regulatory compliance and liasioning with government authorities.
- Preparing MIS of ongoing Cases and Agreements.
- Effective liaison and communication shall be the key competency area. Litigations arising out of Agreements must be avoided and hence Agreements must be drafted and prepared in close consultation of key stake holders and user functions and the role entails thorough review and understanding and consequential reviews accompanied with in-depth understanding, expertise and experience in handling various types of Agreements related to the business.
- Providing Legal Protection and Risk Management advice to the management on Contract Management.
- Providing and interpreting Legal information, conducting training and disseminate appropriate Legal requirements related to Contracts/Agreements to various Functions.
- Shall be required to attend conferences, seminars, study case laws and any other amendment, ordinance being formulated from time to time and keeping the Senior Management briefed about the same on a regular basis.
- Reviewing all Contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed and access legal implications that require management’s attention.
- Professional Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws/Master of Laws degree
- Prior legal experience of 8 years combining corporate and private law settings including considerable experience with matters pertaining to commercial transactions, litigation management, compliance, and general corporate law matters.
- Well conversant inter alia with Transfer of Property Act, Contract Act.
- Effective initiative and leadership qualities to get matters resolved through thorough investigation and discussion with those concerned, and in consultation with the management
- Knowledge in Arbitration, ADR, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code Ability to demonstrates maturity, judgment and functional expertise when solving legal issues and dealing with both internal and external clients
- Ability to work across diverse and cross functional teams for desired outcomes
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and the Board of Directors for approvals on strategic corporate compliance related matters
- Well conversant with corporate laws with special emphasis on companies act, shareholder management
- Shown ability to lead and execute optimally at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - both written and verbal - with a proven ability to communicate to all customers internally and externally to the business
- Consistent record of investigating and resolving sophisticated compliance issues
- Adept to work on high bandwidth and support variety of business needs
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines; ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute on assignments, peer manage relations with colleagues of other fields.
- Strong analytical ability, creativity, and good judgment in resolving legal issues.
07 June 2023