19 Jan 2023
Head-Legal, 15 to 20 years in Mumbai
Joint Ventures, Legal Issues, legal matters, Legal Advice, Intellectual Property, Corporate Governance, Litigation
Experience: 15 to 20 years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- She or He would be responsible to set up systems and processes to ensure compliance with laws applicable to the Company, advise management and directors to comply with legal framework applicable across geographies of operations and defend the company from any possible or ongoing litigations.
- Lead the Legal function of the Company
- Providing legal and related strategic advice regarding the actions and measures necessary to secure, facilitate compliance with the legal matters related to laws, rules & regulations
- Advice and implement corporate restructuring, joint ventures, acquisitions, other critical business transactions
- Proactive legal support and partnering with business and functions by regular review and collaborative engagement through strong and highly motivated team
- Set up processes, templates, document SOPs and structured training to business on relevant areas
- Drive automation and digitization of legacy contracts and new contracts
- Deal with legal matters relating to business and mitigate risks through thoughtful intervention including engagement with external counsels
- Keep track of existing laws and changes to laws governing capital markets, SEBI etc. as applicable to the Company
- Ensure legal compliance in the organization thereby facilitating good corporate governance and protecting Company’s interest in litigation and documentation.
- Work across all internal groups to instill core knowledge, competency on legal issues.
- Responsible for appearing before various Courts (High Courts), Tribunals, Regulatory Authorities for resolving critical issues
- Play active role with respect to government relations activities, networking and other strategies key to success of the Company’s business
- Coordinate and work closely with external counsels, wherever necessary, on legal advisory, intellectual property, arbitration, litigation, consumer matters and ensure efficient and effective handling of disputes
- Responsible for advising management & conducting research on various matters involving diverse provisions of law and furnishing legal opinions
- Monitoring of dynamic Indian and global legal environment with increased compliance requirements and business risks posed by the new regulations
19 January 2023